21 Jun

The day my life forever changed.

On May 20th, I went to my Doctor’s appointment so that they could check to see if I had any progress on going into labor. At almost 41 weeks, they decided that I should go to the hospital and possibly be ready to give birth. At about 2 p.m I arrived to the hospital, bags packed and all, and after many routine checks and being probed, they admitted me due to low amniotic fluid. It was during that time, I was told that It looked like I may be having a 7 lb baby (although the nurse gave me the side eye when I told her that was what the doctor said.)

I wasn’t showing any signs of labor (no dilation and barely any effacement) so they decided to induce my labor. After I was stuck about 8 times because they couldn’t find my veins to being so swollen, the process began. The contractions started coming on but I pulled through. It was nice to have my mother and husband both there to support me through this whole process. It was in the very late evening, my mom convinced me to get an epidural. After all of the contractions and hours had passed, there were still no signs. They gave me oxygen because I was having trouble breathing through the whole process which was the Best part to me! I felt so free! As time passed, they noticed that during some contractions, the baby’s heart rate would drop but they kept a close eye on the baby. My doctor came in and she was really concerned that I still hadn’t shown any signs of giving birth. She brought up the infamous “C” word, but said she still wanted to see what my body could do and she wasn’t ready to give up on a natural birth just yet.

Well during the waiting period, My husband had the bright idea to run home and take a shower and pick up some things. I didn’t think it was a good idea, but he insisted. The way things were going, I didn’t know what to expect, so I wanted him close by. Well shortly after he left, they came in, and said we are taking the baby via C section. My mom called him, and he rushed back to the hospital. It appeared after 23 hours, Baby Jones wasn’t dropping, wasn’t showing any progress, and it was hurting him more the longer I was in labor.

So my husband arrived (he got there super fast) and bolted into the room. The nurses were scared when they saw him running because they didn’t know WHAT was going on. I think he just wanted to make sure he was there and didn’t miss anything.

After all was said and done, at 5:28 p.m., my handsome Christian was born weighing 9 lbs and 1 oz!

Shortly after he was born...

Shortly after he was born…

When they said how much he weighed, I thought I would pass out! No wonder I was having such a hard time delivering. I was literally “all baby”!

Today, I celebrate my son. He is momma’s little man and perfect for me in every single way. I can’t believe he is already 1 month old!

One Month Today!

One Month Today!


It has been so wonderful to see how God has blessed my family, and to watch him change and grow each and every day. I love seeing myself and his father in his personality, features, etc. I can’t wait to watch him grow and to see all that God has in store for him. Here’s to you little man!

Until Next Time, Much Love,


P.S.- I know I haven’t posted as I normally do, but you can still keep up with me via Instagram and Twitter.

One Response to “5.21.13”

  1. KIMBERLY June 25, 2013 at 6:44 am #

    Congrat! God has bless you and your husband with a beautiful son.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: